Presenting your property
Presenting your property in the right way can make or break the photos. We at Mays Floorplans have put together a list of do’s and don’ts when tidying your home and being ready for our photographers visit.
Our aim is to capture the best possible photos of your property. The better your photos look, the more enquiries your Agent will receive. This can help move your property faster.
Great photos are taken with a perfectly presented property
In general, it’s better to:
- Depersonalise, declutter and free the floor space
- Get everything clean and sparkling
- Open blinds fully and straighten curtains
- Ensure that all light bulbs are working and turn on all lights
- Straighten tables and chairs and arrange cushions attractively
- Clear worktop of all non-essential items
- Remove fridge magnets
- Remove washing up liquids, tea towels, soaps and plugs
- Hide rubbish bins, pet food bowls
- Adding a bowl of fresh fruit or vase of flowers can do wonders!
- Clear toothbrushes, soaps, razors, plugs and shampoos from showers and baths
- Remove bins, scales, bathmats and laundry baskets
- Keep towels to a minimum – well placed, colour matched towels are great
- Close the toilet lid, remove toilet brush and spare toilet rolls
- Adding candles or unusual bottles adds some interest
- Clear all surfaces of clothes, shoes and laundry
- Remove tissues and jewellery from bedside tables
- Make sure you can’t see anything under the bed
- Ensure the bed looks tidy, use your best ironed linen!
Reception and Dining Rooms
- Clear all children’s toys, remotes and excess books
- Clean fire places, open blinds and plump cushions
- If you have an attracting looking fireplace, lighting it looks wonderful
- If you own cars, please park them in front of your property before the shoot
- Our photographer will ask you to move it when it comes to taking the photograph
- Move bins, garden hoses, toys, tools and bikes out of sight
- If you have hedges or trees, please trim them
- Clean patios, mow grass and rake any stray leaves
- With no cars on show, it gives the sense of a quiet street and a clean facade.